Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tenants Defending Lawsuit in Magisterial District Court

In Pennsylvania, a landlord who wants to evict a tenant, who has not moved in response to the landlord’s eviction notice, must file a lawsuit at the Magisterial District Judge called a Landlord/Tenant Complaint. The Complaint, and a notice scheduling a hearing on the Complaint, will be given to the tenant by a constable or sheriff’s deputy in person or by posting on the tenant's door. A copy of the Landlord/Tenant Complaint will also be sent to the tenant by regular mail. Download our packet for more questions and answers concerning this topic.